We developed an Architect led design build service for Clients looking for the highest quality build project and peace of mind. The Architect as well as our building team carries out the construction works. This way you will get the benefits of both approaches. One of them is the professional advice and guidance from an architect and designer team. We can increase the traditional construction process speed. We can save you both time and money with this approach.
This combination of services offers clear advantages, as in this scenario we take the role of designer, project manager, and main contractor. This approach gives the benefit of having a single point of contact regarding all aspects of the design and construction process.
Architect led design build service
Builders and developers offer design and build services. However, in a profit driven environment, there may be less focus on the quality. When you have an Architect in charge, you will be reassured that quality and design standards are of paramount importance.
This service can be offered during Stage 2 and 3 – see here for details.
The main advantages of the design and built approach are:
- Single point of responsibility and more direct communication and fewer involved parties
- During earlier stages more accurate budgeting and cost control
- Time saving as both the design can progress during construction as well as there is less delays with starting construction as you will know our quote for construction during the Stage 2 tender phase already.
- Reduced chance of claims or litigation due to the team-based collaboration with a non- confrontational relationship between architects and contractors
- We don’t loose the design intent through this process. We do this by preserving continuity throughout the design and construction stages
- High level of quality control with the architect in charge of the construction while representing the owner’s interests
- Complete integration of design, construction and technical infrastructure
We use and recommend JCT building contracts for all our jobs.
VORBILDs design process stages | Planning consultant | Pre-application advice and submission
Sketch design and feasibility of your property | Furniture design | Aquarium design service | Feng shui consultation | Development and property search | Marine and yacht design | Historic property design | Biophilic interior design | Colour interior analysis | Landscaping design services
How can we help
If, after receiving the construction quote, you would still pursue a traditional tender process, there is no problem with doing that. We can also help you visualise your project in the next stage.