We developed an Architect led design-build service for Clients looking for the highest quality build project and peace of mind. The Architect design as well as, in conjunction with their own building team, carries out the construction works. This approach maximizes the process, increasing its efficiency and speed.
This combination of services offers clear advantages, as in this scenario we take the role of designer, project manager, and main contractor. This approach gives the benefit of having a single point of contact regarding all aspects of the design and construction process.
Architect led design-build service
Builders and developers often offer design and build services. However, in a profit-driven environment, there may be less focus on quality. Whereas in Architect led design-build service, quality and design standards are of paramount importance.
This service can be offered during Stages 2 and 3 – see here for details.
The main advantages of the design and built approach are:
- Single point of responsibility, more direct communication, and fewer involved parties
- During earlier stages more accurate budgeting and cost control
- Time-saving as both the design can progress during construction. It also results in fewer delays with starting construction. The reason is that you will have our quote for construction during the Stage 2 tender phase already.
- Reduced chance of claims or litigation due to the team-based collaboration with a non-confrontational relationship between architects and contractors
- We don’t lose the design intent through this process. We do this by preserving continuity throughout the design and construction stages
- High level of quality control with the architect in charge of the construction while representing the owner’s interests
- Complete integration of design, construction, and technical infrastructure
We use and recommend JCT building contracts for all our projects.
Have a look at our new build projects here.
If you like this project and would like us to help you with yours - we will be happy to advise on time scales, costs, and details –